Deportation or Removal from the United States can occur in several ways:

  1. A court order of removal
  2. A court grant of voluntary departure where the respondent does not depart on the appropriate date
  3. Written consent to deportation

Often people don’t realize that even being granted voluntary departure can lead to a ban from the U.S. for 10 years if one has accrued more than 1 year of unlawful presence in the U.S.

Often the person seeking help is the family relative or fiancé of the detained individual. Our attorney then seeks to obtain a bond for release from ICE and DHS of the immigrant. And often the only remedy is not cancelling the removal but seeking a waiver of inadmissibility.