In order to apply for United States Citizenship through Naturalization you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a legal permanent resident (LPR) for five years (three if currently married to the U.S. citizen through whom you earned residency)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrate five years of Good Moral Character
- Pass the English test and U.S. History/Civics examination
Included in our service for clients seeking Naturalization are the following:
- Counsel on your record of Good Moral Character
- Preparation for the new, more difficult History/Civics examination
- Coaching for the citizenship interview
- Under certain circumstances, the English test can be waived. Please contact our office to learn if you are eligible to waive the exam.
- The History/Civics test has been redrawn to make it more difficult and require greater knowledge of U.S. history and institutions of government.
- “Good Moral Character” is a legal term that evolves over time. Please visit our page on Good Moral Character to learn more about what the term means. Also, if you contact our Las Vegas office for a free consultation we can explain this requirement in greater detail.